today and tomorrow

Soon after I wrote, Lynettea was going outside to feed the fish. She saw a long piece of a trailing water plant dangling half inside and half outside the cat door.
She said, 'I wonder why this is here, Sasha? Have you brought something in to play with?'
Then we both went outside, her carrying the packet of food and me prepared to supervise, as usual.
'What is this water plant doing beside the pond, Sasha?'
I didn't say anything, of course. Let her try to work things out for herself, instead of me telling her everything.
A lot of the pond weeds were disturbed and the fish were very reluctant to come up for their food. Lynettea seemed annoyed. But I was quite dry.
Then we went out, as I think it is good for her and I needed to inspect the garden. I stood in the sun near some bushes and then lay down. Delicious....
Then I was rudely disturbed by Lynettea wanting to go to the front of the house. She doesn't like standing in the garden. So I sat on the chair on the front porch. I let her perch on the water metre cover.
Late afternoon, after I had my sleep and she had come home again, lumping her rucksack, we went outside again.
  I had just managed to get into the street, after looking to the left and right, when one of her friends said, 'hello,' in a loud voice and we had to come in again. The voice was too loud for me and I rushed under the bed.
After a while I came out and the visitor exclaimed at my lovely furs.
Now we are having a quiet evening. The fish are still reluctant to come up. I wonder what is the matter with them? They are usually such show-offs and love to display their colours. They wouldn't even say 'hello' to me.

Comments

Tamago said…
Haha, someone was having fun with the water plant :-) I wonder if that is why fishes are reluctant to come up.
Fish! They are so temperamental.
Maybe a visitor came to say "hello" to the fishes and scared them too? :)

Have a lovely weekend!
The Whiskeratti said…
Who can say with fishes? They seem very shy anyways.
Gigi said…
*You* may have been dry, but I am guessing that somewhere, some neighborhood cat was licking his wet furs dry and burping.

Did you count your fishies?

Popular Posts