Views

Read my considered thoughts and opinions.
I am continuing the blog of Diamond, cat sage and haiku poet.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Interspecies friend

This picture is for the Inter-species friendship challenge. A bluetongue lizard visited my enclosure some time ago. It is only a young one, although quite big. Those are big paving blocks. We haven't seen the lizard for a long time now. I didn't quite know what to make of it, so I left it alone. We don't have any pictures of its blue tongue. Because it didn't open its mouth to show the blue tongue it musn't have been frightened.

9 comments:

Dragonheart said...

Wow, you made friends with a lizard! Very cool. :) Excellent choice for the dare. :)

The Cat Realm said...

WOW - that looks like a BIG fat lizard!!! As you chose it to be your nomss friend I will refrain from eating it, of course!
Let us know when it comes back, and how the friendship goes...!
Your friend Karl

Karen Jo said...

A blue-tongued lizard is a very interesting inter-species friend. I hope he comes back to visit you again.

Boy said...

Bwue tongue!
That must wook pwetty cute!
I've never seen such a huge wizard before.

michico 小芥 said...

Oah my dear, what a big bluetongue lizard~!!!! I think this one our lizard hunter-Daisy will have some problem to catch~!!!!

You are so brave that you dare to face it~!!!!!!

* kiss and hug from Adan *

Yoggie said...

Hello,
nice to meet you Diamond!
My humans have seen a lizzard, too! But it was much smaller.
My male human comes from Sydney.

Daisy said...

WHOA! Diamond, I am very impressed! I have never ever seen this kind of lizard before. He is very big. Please do not tell anyone, but I think I am a little scairt of him.

caricature said...

What an interesting friend ~ I never thought a lizard could be a kitty's friend...

The Cat Realm said...

Dear Diamond - I tought I had left a comment for you - but I guess I didn't - I AM getting a bit confused with all the new wonderful nomss friendships happening! Did you see your friend again? I hate to admit it but Ido still hunt lizards....
Your friend Karl