Miaouw Miaouw and last Miaouw for a few days

I promised Diamond that I would at least put in his last two blog entries for him, as he had to leave a bit earlier than expected for his holiday. He will have some exciting news on his return.
Reflections on Miaouw
This morning I am meditating on the number of ways to say 'miaouw'. The Eskimos, as is well known, have a lot of words (50) for different types of snow, depending on how crunchy, soft, new or old etc that it is. Imagine only having fifty words for miaouw. 'Miaouw' is a whole lexicon of words in itself. Of course human languages have made no attempt to translate these meanings or even attempt to spell them correctly. Similarly, we are forced to use computer keyboards unsuited to our paws. I am hoping that Lynettea will buy a computer adapted to miaouw signals. She says that there isn't one. "and what would that be, Diamond," she says, "a miaouwputer?" Very funny .....miaouwwwwww.
Last miaouw for a few days
Apparently my little sister Katinka has invited me to stay for a few days. Since I hardly know Katinka and last time I stayed I barely saw her, I thought I would decline the invitation, but Lynettea has already arranged it as a special surprise for me. Katinka is sending her human to fetch me this afternoon. Last time I stayed with Katinka there were a lot of other cats visiting, so I don't think she was really pining for my company. Lynettea has packed a bag for me to take. She says she has to go away for a few days to a haiku conference in Terrigal. I hope she doesn't get worn out, as I will need plenty of attention when I get home again.

Comments

I hope you enjoy your visit away from home and that it doesn't last for too long. After all--there really is no place like home
Kari said…
Hello beautiful Diamond! It is good to hear from you.We hope you have a wonderful time visiting your sister. Now we know that, when you get a bit older, giving up the comforts of your own home may not be that appealing but it will be nice to have a change of pace. We will be waiting to hear all about your adventures!
Kari said…
Hello love. Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope your day is both interesting and restful.
Teddy Westlife said…
Well Diamond, I hope you have fun on your holiday. At least you're not going to kitty jail.

Huffle Mawson
Kari said…
Cruising by with lots of hi's!
Kari said…
Hi, love! Thinking of you.
Sasha said…
thank you for visiting me Kari. I looked but could not see your blog. Do you have one?
Diamond

Popular Posts