EIGHTH MONTH BIRTHDAY


I am 8 months old. Born 13 February, so I should have had my entry yesterday. I am a fine and active big kitty now. My main hobbies: hunting for everything - flies, butterflies, birds, anything that moves or crawls. On Friday Lynettea found a big mound rats had made in the garden. They had made a dugout next door under the shed and brought up the earth into our garden, which in my opinion was very thoughtful of them. Good soil costs money to buy.
Lynettea was not very pleased. She pulled out some of her big parsley bushes and that is when she saw the mound. She started digging at it and found the rats had eaten a hole in the wooden fence to get into our place. Most of the mound is still there, because the neighbour wanted to look at it and then piled some of the earth back to see if the rats would dig out.
If I was allowed to stay out at night I could tell them.
Lynettea is afraid I might get rat bites, so she won't let me near them.
Lynettea was in Harris Scarfe's today eating lunch with a friend (I wasn't allowed to go because of cat discrimination issues with the bus and the shops). They thought they had a nice quiet place for lunch, but then the fire alarm went off and everyone had to evacuate, including all the shop staff. Fortunately Lynettea and her friend had just finished eating their lunches.
I was left at home and Lynettea made a fuss of me when she came back. She crawled around with a fish net, getting my toys from under the furniture. And then we went out to inspect the garden and street. It is getting a bit easier to put Lynettea on the lead. She doesn't struggle as much as she did at first. She isn't very good at following me or sitting and watching for prey. She said I should add that I haven't managed to catch anything except maybe a bee and she isn't sure of that.


Comments

Kari said…
Oh dear boy! You are breathtaking! So handsome! We're thrilled beyond words to see you.
Where did the time go? Eight months already! Can it really be?
Happy day, love. We love you lots!
Jans Funny Farm said…
8 months is a good age. Enjoy your youth.

Rats in the garden? Yikes!
Happy 8th month Birthday Sasha!!
You are looking mighty handsome.
We have to admit that training humans is a full time job. Stick with it though.
We do not like cat discrimination either! Humans have so much to learn.
We purr you get spoiled with some treats and scritches !!!
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger, JJ and Julie
It must be fun to get out and about with the lead, Sasha, but yeah, I imagine it is kind of hard to lead-train humans.

Happy 8th month birthday!
Unknown said…
8 Months! That is 4 months older than Jo-Jo!
Keep your eyes peeled for those rats and shout the Cat warrior yell if yous sees them. Lynette will be impressed.
Kisses
Nellie
Donna said…
Happy eighth month birthday!!
meowmeowmans said…
Happy eighth month birthday, dear Sasha! We like that you are so active and healthy. Those rats sure are lucky that you are not allowed out, as we agree that you would show them a thing or two. But Lynettea is right -- rat bites would not be good.

How nice that Lynettea is getting better on the lead. No doubt because you are doing such a good job of training her.
Kari said…
Sasha, sweetheart! Are you alright? We don't want to be the ones to intrude but we worry about you . We miss you and send you love and kisses.

Popular Posts