Magnificent Monday

It was a quiet day. Too quiet. I thought I was going to go out. And my pretty sky blue harness was all ready and I was miaouwing ready to go. Then for some reason we would never be able to know, Lynettea had to look at her email.
After lunch we went for walkies. I just missed Orla. I dashed forward, but by the time Lynettea had unlocked the side gate and I had dashed to the picket gate at the front porch, Orla had taken her human over the road and was vanishing into the distance. Lynettea was surprised I was so keen, as previously Orla (the Irish Dog from Next Door) has tried to make friends and I haven't been interested.
Orla out of sight, I pottered around a bit, sniffing at some of the piles of hard rubbish still resting on the footpath. People cruising past have removed the good items and real rubbish is left. Surely it is of use to someone. Nothing deserves to be totally crushed. Not even ancient hair-dryers. Lynettea's old hair-dryer is still poised on her old plastic garden chair, totally ignored. It still works, but it is so old, and she hasn't used it for so long, she decided to get rid of it. Maybe it is the world's oldest still working hair-dryer at around thirty plus years old.
We go in and I poke around among the bluebells. They are past their best. First piles of hail dumped on them and then a day of 24 C and now a cold day.
Like the weather I am changing my mind. Back inside for a refreshing sleep.



Comments

the hair dryer is vintange! Maybe she can sell it online and make green papers!
Sounds like an interesting walk! Too bad you missed Orla.
CATachresis said…
There is always so much for a kitty to see to!! It can be quite exhausting :) xx
pilch92 said…
I bet that is the oldest working hair dryer.Glad you got to have a walk.
wait a minute, a hair dryer outside and it works??
What if it rains?
You would get electrocuted!
catchatwithcarenandcody
Lone Star Cats said…
Sounds like ya had fun exploring!
The Island Cats said…
It sounds like you had a pretty good time outside, Sasha.
meowmeowmans said…
That sounds like a mighty interesting jaunt outside, Sasha. We are sorry you missed Orla!
Unknown said…
My human does that to me a lot too. She uses those key words I know so well...outside and walk...and gets me all excited. Then as I wait by the door all I hear is the sound of silence...where'd she go...oh, back to the internet. Blast that blog!! Maybe I'll get lucky today and get to go for a walk too...it's still only noon. =^,,^=

Popular Posts