Why sitting on your human is good

A cat should sit on his human every day.
The reasons for this? Firstly, it helps socialize the human. Humans, you may have noticed, like to stare at a cat. This is very rude and should not be permitted. Slowly blink your eyes and encourage her to do the same. Gradually she will learn polite cat behaviour.
While you sit on the human, she is unable to move.  Preferably she should concentrate totally on the cat during this activity.
It is a good time for her to engage in a soft grooming activity such as stroking or brushing. The more loose fur she can remove, the less remains to cause furballs.
Sitting on your human has a beneficial calming  psychological effect for the human too.
Tame your human by draping over her. I am so big that only the front parts of me can fit on my human's lap, so I rest comfortably on the couch and place my front paws on her.

Comments

Julie likes to sit on mum the most.
As soon as she sits,Julie hops in her lap and curls up for a nap.
She also gets on the desk and walks back and forth in front of the computer screen
so mum can pet her :)
WE all have mum well trained ;)
Good that you do too!
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ
that is pawesome advice...but...why are you not sitting on your human in the photo? catchatwithcarenandcody
pilch92 said…
You are such a cutie, your human is lucky you sit on her.
Sasha said…
I have been asked why I am not sitting on my human in the photo. It is very difficult for my human to take a photo of me while I am sitting on her. So she did the next best thing, she photographed me while I was giving her the text of my blog entry.
You may notice that my mouth is open, as I am communicating and that my expression is very concentrated, owing to the serious nature of this entry. I didn't want her to make any mistakes.
meowmeowmans said…
You're such a wise cat, Sasha! That's some super good advice!
Kitties Blue said…
Our mom's lap is rarely empty. One of us gets up and another takes that cat's place. Mom says she never gets a moments peace. Like that's our fault! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

Popular Posts