She took the bird

A sparrow flew into my enclosure and I thought I had wild food for dinner. I caught it and ran inside, in spite of Lynettea shouting. What was she doing trying to frighten it off?
I held it gently in my jaws and she asked me to let her take it. She took it in her hand and carried it out, shutting the door.
'I put the sparrow on its side near the lettuce shoots. Its tiny claws gripped my palm and its heart beat fast in its tiny chest beneath the soft feathers.  When I walked away to fill the birdbath and came back, it had gone silently. The earth was bare.'

And where was my dinner?



Comments

Sasha, I don't know why, but humans are always so determined to steal away with the critters we hunt.
Mum does the same thing.
Julie will catch a mouse and mum takes it away and lets it go!
HUmans...sheesh!
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Popular Posts