Butterfly Visitor

It's after dark and the door is shut. I am sitting at the entrance to the kitchen batting my paws in the air.
'What are you doing, Sasha? You haven't caught a lizard, have you?'
Then she puts down the phone and rushes over to me.
'It's a beautiful butterfly! How did it get inside? Keep away Sasha.  Go inside!'
Tries to make me go into the kitchen. I know that trick. Next thing you know the door is shut, with the cat in the kitchen and the human able to go out the back door.
 
She has the butterfly on her arm now and it crawls up to the top



 of her head. Then she rushes into the hall and shuts the door. I can't win. I am still in the kitchen.
Meow meow meow.
When she comes back in she says she has put the butterfly in a clump of grass.  It is still clinging to a stalk in the morning and later it flies away.
This is a Monarch butterfly. The lady next door grows a special bush for them to eat.


Comments

What a pretty butterfly! I bet they are tasty... but it looks like you won't be able to find out.
That is a pretty butterfly. I know they are fun to try and catch, but it is better to let them fly free.
pilch92 said…
That was nice of her to help it.
Gee, what a pretty butterfly :)
It is still too cool here for the butterflies, but soon.
Too bad you were not allowed oyr to watch it :/
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ
meowmeowmans said…
What a beautiful Monarch butterfly, Sasha. How nice of Lynettea to help it on its way!
dood....sum stuff iz just better ta look at... than eat.....we noe ya due knot bee leeve
uz.... sew ask de pond fish what we meen ;) !!! .....glad mum letted de butterz fly out ~ ☺☺♥♥
Eastside Cats said…
Sasha, it was totally unfair for her to take away your plaything! However, I too have planted several difference plants to attract butterflies into our yard.
The Whiskeratti said…
Butterflies are pretty. Our mom wouldn't let us have any either, if they got inside.

Popular Posts