Comparing ME to DIAMOND

I think it is rude to compare the merits of one person to another. Particularly if you are standing in front of them.

I am standing here, or rather I am wrenching at Lynettea's lead trying to get her inside, while she is talking to a man who was jogging past the gate until he saw us.

The man stares at me and says he remembers Diamond, when he lived near here many years ago.  He tells Lynettea that his son, who was then a little boy and is now at University, still remembers Diamond.  Apparently they were friends. They both stare at me while I wrench the lead again.

Lynettea says that Diamond passed away at 16 and she now has me and I am not as friendly.

I wrench at the lead and she says, 'Sit, Sasha,' as if I was a dog. Reluctantly I sit.

They don't think I am as good as Diamond.
I think that it is very rude to talk about me like that. As soon as I can,  I take Lynettea inside.
She needs a lot more training.


Comments

I don't think they meant to be rude, Sasha. Sparkle and I are very different cats, almost temperamental opposites. But we both had really great qualities.
meowmeowmans said…
Sasha, that certainly was not very thoughtful of that man and Lynettea to compare you to Diamond like that. You are two different cats, each with your own merits. But we do know that Lynettea loves you, so perhaps it was just a lapse.
Diamond was Diamond and you are you!!
We agree with you, but humans are,well, humans :/

Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ
Eastside Cats said…
OH! So rude, and she is definitely in need of training, Sasha!
pilch92 said…
You poor kitty. I know she misses Diamond, but you are unique and special. XO
oh Sasha I feel your pain. For the first few years I lived with my Mom she ALWAYS compared me to her Angel Bobo. She would say "Bobo did this and Cody doesn't, Bobo did that and Cody doesn't" finally, after a few years she realized she was wrong and many times she now tells me that I do MANY GOOD things that her Angel Bobo didn't do. Hang in there xoxoxo Cody

Popular Posts