Rain

We haven't had rain for a long, long time. It starts to rain again late in the day and it goes really dark. Lynettea pulls down all the windows, because the wind is blowing in jabs and splatters of rain.
Then it starts to thunder. I don't mind thunder.
Then there is a lull.

Then I hear something. Something I recognize, poking about in the garden. All the windows are shut and all I can see is the cat in the glass if I try to look out.
I go pretty frantic, dashing around the house, leaping on the furniture, trying to see out, trying to do my security check. MROW MROW.
 So she opens the window, but now I can't see anything.
'Are you scared, Sasha?' she says. ' Come and sit on Mummy's lap, if you are scared. '
So I sit on her,  trying to keep her calm.
Then it starts raining again.
Now it is quiet.

Comments

Eastside Cats said…
We are experiencing a lot of rain here too, Sasha! Even had some lightning and thunder, which made Angel hide under the dresser.
We had some really heavy rain on Saturday night. There were loud rumbles.
Then, Sunday was sunny :)
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ
pilch92 said…
My Phoebe was always afraid of the rain.

Popular Posts