Freaking Out

I am writing this to tell you about a bad experience.  Lynettea bought me a new toy called a laser pointer. We played with it for a short time on a couple of evenings. The morning after our second session I couldn't stop meowing and and staring up at the walls in an agitated manner. Lynettea didn't know what to do.
This went on and on.
Finally I insisted on sitting on top of the bathroom toilet and wouldn't leave the room.
After a long time I felt a bit better and I now feel calm again. I am usually a very calm cat, unless something frightens me.
Lynettea says we won't use the pointer toy again. I have plenty of other toys we can play with.
She doesn't know if the pointer caused my agitation, but the instructions had a warning about your cat's behaviour changing and taking the cat to the vet if there was a problem.


Comments

That was a weird reaction to the laser pointer, Sasha! But yes, don't play with it anymore if it stresses you out.
Eastside Cats said…
Sasha, I know that laser pointers can damage cats eyes...but it seems like you just didn't like the action! Good for you; you let it be known that you weren't happy, and that's the best thing to do.
catladymac said…
Wow - we are glad you were able to calm down again Sasha. We don't have laser toys (no special reason, we just don't - plus there are several of us) so we had never heard of this. But we sure get focussed on bugs or moths on our windows !
pilch92 said…
Sorry that the laser stressed you. SOme of my cats chase it and some ignore it.
Smudge said…
That's too bad it stressed you out that way. I suppose it's best to leave the darned thing alone going forward.
meowmeowmans said…
It sounds like the laser toy was stressful for you, Sasha. We are sorry!

Popular Posts