Book Club

Here I am, looking at a few of my books. But Lynettea pushed me away when I tried to join her book club meeting. She and three other members went to the meeting on Zoom, while the other members went to the U3A building. The Zoom members were all in the laptop. Unfortunately, the camera was pointed too high, so we couldn't see the other members very well. But the Zoom people could all see one another. Except for me. A cat living with another member managed to walk right across the screen, but I only got my ears to show in one corner.
I expressed my views by meowing a couple of times, but no one seemed to be taking me seriously.
Our book was Clade by James Bradley. Lynette a said it was cli-fi. That is what they call books about climate change.
As for me, I think it is a serious subject. Other members were also very concerned. Lynettea had proposed the book, so she gave the questions for members to discuss.
'I am glad you are taking such an interest, Sasha, ' she said to me.


Comments

meowmeowmans said…
They should definitely let you join in the Book Club, Sasha. You are very wise, and they wold benefit from your insights!
Eastside Cats said…
Sasha, in the early days of this lockdown, Sweetie sang out loud and clear during my Zoom meetings, but nowadays she ignores my meetings. However, I have held her up to the screen, so everyone could see her; she was not amused, but my coworkers were charmed!
pilch92 said…
I would rather see you than talk about a book.
dood....it iz two bad ya dinna get any screen time; yur opinion matterz just az much...may bee next month ya can join in !! :) ♥♥♥

Popular Posts