Thanks for visiting on my birthday

Here I am waiting for visitors.  My guest Freya will be flying in from Johannesburg and I have asked my human to make everything very tidy.
We plan to use the hammocks and cosies for a spot of birdwatching.  The cane cosy makes a good bird hide.
Freya is arriving in an Uber after her long flight. I bet the driver was amazed to be picking up an unaccompanied cat, but the fares were all organised ahead of time. It helps to be virtual. Lynettea has prepared special birthday food and afterwards we nap for a while.
There are plenty of spots to choose from. Afterwards we watch the birds flying down to my birdbaths.
In the evening, for a special surprise  we do a lizard hunt on the path. I am determined to show off my skills to Freya. Unfortunately,  a small black lizard darts from its hiding place and before I can pick it up  Lynettea grabs me. It is very undignified as I am carried inside. Sorry, Freya. 
I try to make up for my failure by offering Freya some cheese and Vegemite from a cracker on the kitchen bench. Freya says she doesn't like Vegemite, which is just as well because Lynetta throws the cracker in the garbage after I take my first lick. 
I am sorry, Freya it became so noisy at that point.
But we spend a lovely quiet evening after that having our furs brushed and then a sumptuous dinner followed by party games, before some snoozing in front of the TV.
Today I am recuperating. I hope all the cats who dropped in briefly to visit enjoyed themselves.

Comments

meowmeowmans said…
It sounds like you and Freya had a great time celebrating your birthday, Sasha! We enjoyed your party!
catladymac said…
You have quite a nice place Sasha ! (as you should !)

Popular Posts