Displaced?

For the last week  she has been acting very strangely. She sits staring into the pond  watching the fish.
'Oh, Frances  are you okay? Sasha, Frances has a lump.'
What? The fish has a name? Since when? They have been swimming around there for years minding their own business and criticising me, if I'm not careful.  NEVER HAVE I HEARD HER CALL THEM ANYTHING!!!
'I thought we should name them, Sasha. It would make them feel part of the family.' 
Part of whose family? I am her family and she is mine and they are our pets. What do they need with names?
'I notice Frances has no lump now. I will need to spend time talking to the fish to get to know them better. Don't worry, Sasha. And don't stare at me like that!'


Comments

meowmeowmans said…
We hope you, Frances, Sky and the other Pond Fish get to know each other better, Sasha. We are glad Frances no longer has a lump.

Popular Posts