Don't Leave Me Again

I was scared when the ambulance arrived.
'You were under the bed, dear Sasha.'
I could hear the noise. And the neighbour was there. She has put me in a cage before.
'The ambulance people were excellent. They took my blood pressure and it was going down. And they did an ECG.'
What's that?
'An electric heart test, Sasha.'
Do you have an electric heart? I thought you were organic, like me.
'No. Silly. I am as organic as you are. It is an electrocardiogram that monitors the heart.'
Why did you go into hospital?
'One of the ambulance staff suddenly got sick and the other one had to take her to the depot.'
That's bizarre!
'So they couldn't wait to get a doctor's okay after their tests looked good. Because I had chest pain they asked our kind neighbour to take me to Emergency. When I got there the nurses and doctors tested me again. I even had blood tests. And they kept me overnight in a room.'
Was it nice?
'It was a big  clean room with equipment and adjustable bed and a heated blanket and a big bathroom. But I was concerned about you, Sasha. The doctor said she thought gastric reflux was giving me bad pains. As soon as the doctor gave me the all clear, I took a taxi home.'
I forgive you. But don't get sick again.
'I prefer to be home with you, dear Sasha.'


Comments

pilch92 said…
I am glad your mom is OK Sasha and sorry you had to be alone. XO
meowmeowmans said…
That must have been so scary, Sasha. We are glad Lynettea is okay, and back home with you. XO

Popular Posts