A shocking noise

I have been up since 4am with a shocking noise. Lynettea said it was a faulty smoke alarm, but she didn't know what to do. I stayed outside part of the time, but it was cold. Sometimes the alarm switched off for a while and then it started again.
At 7am Lynettea rang the electrical service. The man in charge had just got into the office and he told her to get a broom handle and poke the alarm. It is a very high ceiling and she could hardly reach it with a long rod that was longer than a broom.
The alarm stopped.
That was really good.
I never realized how much I liked silence. The electrician came at 10am. The alarm sounded several times before that, but Lynettea poked it with the pole and forced it to be quiet.
I stayed outside under my bus seat while the electrician disconnected the alarm. We have new ones already that are connected to the fire service, so we didn't want this old alarm.
Then I took Lynettea out for a walkies to check all the fence boundaries in case I had to jump over and call for help. Then I checked all the rooms thoroughly.
This is all very tiring.
I need a rest and a completely unstressed week to follow.

Comments

meowmeowmans said…
Oh! We hate when those things go off like that, Sasha. Sorry that happened, but we are glad that Lynettea was able to turn it off with that rod!
Ugh, how awful for your sensitive ears, Sasha! You do need a rest after all that.
Lone Star Cats said…
Those alarms can be really obnoxious.
Eastside Cats said…
That can certainly get on one's nerves, Sasha!
DOOD....THOZ ALARMZ IZ GRATE FOR SAFE TEE BUT BOY...WHOA.....THEY IZ NOIZEE....GLAD YA GETTED IT TAKEN CARE OF !! ☺☺♥♥
Eastside Cats said…
Egads, Sasha! What a harrowing experience!

Popular Posts