A relaxing face massage

This morning I treated myself to a relaxing face massage.
Lynettea said I enjoyed it so much I should put some instructions on the blog.

Let the cat rest his head in the palm of one hand. The cat should be stretched out on a couch or bed with his human sitting beside him. The cat could also be partly on the human's lap.
Massage the nose: down strokes with the tip of a finger at the part of the nose near the nostrils. You will see the furs run towards the nostrils.
Sides of the nose: massage towards the centre line on each side. The furs run towards the centre.
Top section of nose to forehead: massage upward in sweeping strokes.
Forehead: massage with sweeping strokes up between ears.
Cheeks: massage each one with strokes towards each ear.
Under chin: a good rub is particularly important here. Then massage with sweeping strokes from the chin right down the nape.
NOTE: it is important not to stare at the cat, as this is threatening. Blink your eyes slowly at the cat to reassure him you are no threat.
The cat will probably fall asleep several times while being massaged, as it is very relaxing.
If he wakes up suddenly, reassure him with a long slow blink that he is completely safe.

Well, after my massage, I am falling asleep.




Comments

Thanks for the instructions!
Lone Star Cats said…
Nuffin like a good massage!
Eastside Cats said…
If I could get a cat to fall asleep on me, that would be the first trick! However, Manny and CB fall asleep on the double-wide scratcher that's next to my table; maybe I could try a face massage on one of them. Thanks!

Popular Posts