Pet, Servant or Slave? The role of your human

My human is doing her best to fulfil the plan I outlined for her some weeks ago. My beds are well maintained and my litters are cleaned, as they always have been, daily. Sometimes I walk in and out of one or sniff at it to remind her and she apologises for not being quick enough.
My food bowls are also filled regularly. She is a little confused about exactly which type of soft food I fancy at any time and complains if she puts the wrong one down.
Walks: daily, but it is cold. Sometimes we perch in the sunshine on the aircon unit, but often I bring her in early. Perhaps she needs some more training in being compliant and I need to be firmer with her.
She opens the window on my signal at night and the fresh air rushes in. Freezing but fresh. Sometimes I give her a gentle reminder.
Games: my play equipment is now regularly set out in my bedroom during the evening. I rattle around with it, demonstrating my superior skills while I let her watch a bit of TV. That shows my tolerance, as there are hardly ever cat actors. I insist on some interactive games, no matter how late. She can be lazy.
Grooming, massage: she needs a bit of reminding, but I insist on routine grooming with the massage brush every day.
Humans can be hard work. Are they worth it? And there is the question of how to classify them: pet, servant or slave.

Comments

meowmeowmans said…
Our humans are all of those things, Sasha. But more than that, our mom and dad are our best friends.
My human is my personal assistant.
Eastside Cats said…
Sasha, you can make a case for all of them, as the correct title for your human.
pilch92 said…
Glad you finally got your human trained properly. :)
catladymac said…
To answer your question, Sasha - Yes.
The Island Cats said…
Well, Sasha...not matter if they are a pet, servant or a slave...we can’t live without them!

Popular Posts